make for lots of fun creations!
Friends of Speedy TV are challenging you to use tags and banners on your creations this week.I decided to do a little of both. I stated out to make a tag with some little banners but just didnt go that way. I spent a lot of time creating a background with
all up lol. I dont know where I got this image but I
liked the funky look to it so that started the ball rolling. Used a Spellbinder floral oval to attach her to after cutting out.The hearts were also cut with a Spellbinder die. I made some flowers with punch and dies then added the little clear butterfly. then some leaves. Added a partial piece of a doily and dotted then strung some pearls and attached to the button.The sentiments come from two sets, Dyed some ribbon to finish it up.In person the blues match much better and it has a softer look!
Since I have several upcoming birthdays these were made with specific gals in mind. This one is made on a canvas.First I stitched pocket at the top by which to hang it, then added several rows of meandering stitching to the edges. The black side border was cut several Spellbinder dies then embossed with dotted swiss folder.. The background was then covered with inks,dyes and texture added with stencils and paste. I made an assortment of flowers with punches, dies.and the new October Release Big Blossom. I stamped it four times on some striped dp, cut it out and layered for better dimension.Also cut a little metal key and added it among the flowers.I love old Keys, they always speak to me about, new adventures and treasures.Using a MFT die I cut several flourishes and cut out some leaves to go with them. After making the two groupings I used a Cherry Lynn die for the butterfly adding little pearl drops for his body.
You know when you start on these canvases they consume you. The inks and dyes go on so nicely and blend easily I could make backgrounds all day long. Kind of reminds me of years ago when I used to do a lot of oil painting.
The bird was a chipboard cut out that I added color to then mounted on cardstock. The dress form is cut from a PTI die, embossed and some pearls, stickles and ribbon added to.The time piece has a button and brad added to it instead of hands. I used the set and sets for part of the sentiment. I love the banner and how it turned out. It is made from pieces cut of thin metal with a Spellbinder die, embossed and inks added for color. They remind me of clothes on a close line lol! Using a long piece of wire I punched holes and strung them adding little coils between each little banner to drape. They are sort of fluttering about freely just like the butterfly. Here is my finished little hanger although it doesnt show I used a old wire clothes hanger and made some curly cues on the ends to hang it by.