Translate

Friday, January 17, 2014

Have you ever made a

Oriental Lantern, if not we have a tutorial to go along with
 our challenge at TTSTV this week.
 My mom loves Oriental things so this is going to be for her.
I thought that my piece of dp with all the symbols on it was
the perfect background for my lanterns. I punched out the red one
and if you look closely you can see that I  gold embossed it with the
  peace symbol from the Asian Delight set. I cut out a triangle and
just made some random drops of red and embossed,
 for the third one I cut a rectangle and rounded all the 
corners then stamped with the little symbols from
the Be Virtuous set. All three lanterns were then run thru
the crimper. Doesnt show up much in the photo
but in person they look pretty cool. Tops and bottoms 
and the hanger were added. The beautiful girl is
from the new December Release set called Calm & Wisdom.
I thought just adding her image no coloring was best to go
with the lanterns. The love symbol stamped and
matted on the black is also from the Asian Delight set.




You may be the lucky winner of the great stamp set!
Stop by and give it a go.

14 comments:

Benzi said...

Oh, this is wonderful, Davi. Your mother is sure to love it. I like that dp as it was just perfect for this card. The crimping looks great. Good job and you used so many wonderful stamps.
Have a great weekend.

Stampsnob. said...

Lovely details on the lanterns..........Lis

Ros Crawford said...

Great job ... your Mom is going to love this ...those cute lanterns are really good!

Jane said...

Mom will love this card Davi! Very pretty!

jimlynn said...

Love those lanterns!!! So pretty and they're perfect with that wonderful image. Fantastic card and your mom is going to love it!
Lynn

Pat said...

wonderful card.

Lisa said...

This is gorgeous!! The paper is perfect!! Love the hanging lanterns and the image!! Your Mom will love it!! Have a great weekend :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Karin said...

wow this looks great!
have a wonderful weekend!
Groetjes Karin

Mona Pendleton said...

Terrific card Davi! Those trio of lanterns look fabulous!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Stunning, love the splash of red it makes it so oriental.

Thanks for the lovely comment on my card

Stella said...

You did a fantastic job and I know for sure that your mother will love this gem. My favorite part is that gorgeous red lantern! XX

Kimberly S said...

What a beautiful Asian inspired card Davi! Love the image and the lanterns, so pretty. hugs, Kimberly

Mary Marsh said...

Your lanterns are fabulous Davi-I like the bg stamping and how you left your image with no color-it's striking

Christine Kiehl said...

Love the Asian themed arts. Thank you for sharing this one!