Translate

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Two Challenges: Stamp Something & Creative Card Crew






This card is for Stamp Something Challenge and Creative Card Crew Challenge. The challenge was to use something new for Stamp Something and Creative Card Crew was anything goes. My inspiration was my cool new button!! I love glitz and stickles always adds great sparkle. :) I started with creme base and added a rose color and punched the bottom end with the ekmorrocan. I also punched a second strip to run up the side. Stamped some flourishes and stickled some of them along with the dots along the punched edges. My image is watercolored and cut out and mounted on the grungy pink from my minds eye. Mounted that onto the black and mounted with the foam dots so it would stand up for some dimension. I added the burgandy ribbon going up the side and then the lace going across the bottom. I made a bow out of the lace and added a bit of the burgandy . I sewed on my beautiful button which I thought was perfect with the lace. I sewed it on with the little glass bead.

9 comments:

Mary Marsh said...

this card is beautiful-love the border punch and your lace-I agree the button looks great with your lace

Denimo said...

Ohhhh... your card is absolutely gorgeous!!! Great job!
Thanks so much for joining us for the Stamp Something challenge.
Hugs, Denimo

Milnie said...

owww wow! I take a look around and your creations are gorgeous as well!! Thank you soo much for your sweet comment on my blog!

hugs,

Mélanie

Yvonne Russell said...

Hi. Thanks for visiting my blog and becoming my first follower! Very exciting.

I've enjoyed looking around your blog. Love the Chicken Divan recipe card idea. The card is beautiful!

Maria Matter said...

omgosh girl, this is gorgeous!!!!
There are so many details here to love, wow!
Blessings, Maria

Mona Pendleton said...

What an awesome button! I can see why you chose it for an inspiration piece! Love all the lace! Such a beautiful card Davi! :) TFS

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous card! Looks like something out of a magazine! I love your punch and lace bow with the button. Very, very pretty!
Alicia xx

Lynne in NI said...

Oooh what a pretty card! Love your punched edges and that gorgeous lace bow!
:D

Ann said...

So pretty.
Ann