Translate

Monday, December 7, 2009

The Pink Elephant Challenge

The Pink Elephant Challenge today is to make something in your favorite Christmas colors. Mine is burgandy and creme. I made one of my favorite things a paperbag album that I will be giving to a friend. I took pics of several of the pages. This is a waterfall album. I tea dyed all my papers before starting. They look pretty white in the pics but they are definately a warm creamy color. I used burgandy paper from colorbox for much of it. I made pockets on many of the pages and there are lots of tags for journaling on or putting pics on. I used lots of gold and diamond dust glitter and sewed the pockets on with gold thread, I punched some snowflakes and the star for some added embelishments on the front. I punched out the little circles and then stamped the letters on with burgandy ink.


On this page I added a insert that can be written on inside of both pages and on the opposite page I used the glitter, stamped the sentiment, ran a little banner that repeats let it snow and left the top of the oval open to put a pic in.








This page has a pocket for the tags but also when you untie the little ribbon from the button the page drops down with room for a pic and to write and its also decorated inside





Another page with tags to use.






6 comments:

Annie said...

wow this is beautiful - love it. Thanks for sharing with us at the Pink Elephant.

Ann xxx
http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com/

Trudi said...

What a great little album Davi, very pretty. Thanks for playing along with us this week at TPE!

Unknown said...

This is such a beauty. I love all the fibers you used!

Carol L said...

I'd forgotten how much I love these paper bag albums, but this is just lovely with all the pretty details! I love all the fancy stitching on each page and the drop-down page for journaling and a photo! Beautiful work in stunning colors!

Mona Pendleton said...

What a unique paper bag album Davi! I love the overall vintage look & all those pockets! :) TFS

ChristineCreations said...

Some of my favourite colors too! It looks like you put a lot into this album! So pretty!