Translate

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge

Todays card is for the Stampin Sisters in Christ Challenge. Kristine chose Matthew 6:19-21, a very powerful Scripture to challenge us to examine our lives and motives. The challenge was to use some of your treasures that you had be saving. She must have been looking in my treasure box. :) I had this wonderful flourish that I have been "saving" along with the pretty piece of gold ribbon. I chose the partridge in pear tree image because is suppose to represent Christ. After coloring with watercolors and using chalk to shade around it I mounted it off center on the dark gold paper and attached pearls to the corners. I cut out the little tag and mounted the sentiment then attached the ribbon with more pearls. I added a few little stickle dots on each side. Then I used glitter and stickles to encrust the flourish with gold and tied a piece of ribbon on the center. I mounted that all onto a piece of dp. Used some brown and yellow to age the edges of the white base card and then attached all onto it. For the inside I used the MS ziz zag punch on the dp then added a piece of the dark paper to the edge. I used stickles to dot across top and bottom. On the opposite side I mounted the rest of the sentiment and added the piece of ribbon and then added a few dots of the stickle to that also.




6 comments:

Kimberly S said...

What a gorgeous card Davi! The flourish is lovely in gold, and your coloring is so soft and pretty. :)

peggysue said...

Oh what a pretty stamp and such a lovely creation. I like that paper and GREAT placement of the flourish. Glad you took it out of 'hoarding' and put it on the card. Thanks for participating in the SSCC this week!

Mona Pendleton said...

Davi this is a beautiful card! So elegant - I love that gold shimmery flourish! :) TFS

Silli said...

Davi, your card is gorgeous. So elegnat and beautiful. Love the colors... I hope, you enjoy your day... Big hugs...Silke THANKS for all your sweet comments! Love it!!!!

Martha said...

Davi, what a wonderful stamp choice...a gorgeous partridge. And the glittered flourish adds just the right touch for the DP you used. OH, you do such marvelous things on your cards. Be blessed! M

Kristine said...

Gorgeous card Davi!! LOVE all the pearls and your lace and flourish! It's all so beautiful with this wonderful image! *Ü* Thank you so much for playing along this week at Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenges!! We love having ya!! x