Translate

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

TUESDAY THROWDOWN CHALLENGE


Good Morning, I for one am glad its a new week and looking forward to better days. I mentioned last week about the flood from the washer, after that my sewing machine broke, then I had put a dozen eggs on to boil and opps forgot and went to work... WOW what a smoky stinky mess that made not to mention ruined my very best pan and for toppers my cuttlebug broke on Saturday. Do you remember life before a die cut/embossing machine??? Now that's a challenge:)For todays Tuesday Throwdown challenge we are looking for Baby/Child creations. Our sponsor this week is Stitchy Bear Stamps. They have so many wonderful images be sure to stop by their store. I am using the Raggedies image. You don't see many of them any more. When my girls were young everyone had one. I decided to make a little ABC book for my Granddaughter. The image was water colored and attached to the red checked dp then the dark blue. No machine so lots of faux stitching. My little flower is make with some dotted paper, punches and the blue and wht center I outlined it with the dots, attached little hinges and the eyelets to attach the ribbon. On the inside each page has three letters and pics for the sound.

here is a peak inside


Entering Challenges:
By the Cute and Girly: Anything Goes
Creative Cowgirls: Anything Goes
Craft Your Passion: Cutie Patootie
Digi Design House: Anything but a Card
KB Cute Monday: Anything goes using a digi
Lexi's Creations: Spot and or Stripes
Stamps R Us: Use something Digital
Tip Top Tuesday: For a Child
My Time to Craft: Something you would find in a toy box
City Crafter: Stripes & Dots

17 comments:

Martha said...

LOVE the Raggedy Ann and Andy image, Davi! When my kids were small (a boy and a girl), I made them one of each to play together but never made any clothing! LOL I think we still have those naked dolls around here somewhere. Your card/ABC book is so cute and the red, white and blue is a perfect color choice for them. Sorry about the bad week. Hope this one is better.

Love and blessings, Martha

Elizabeth said...

Davi, this is adorable!! You've done one fantastic job of putting this together. I really like the idea of using small motifs for the hinges! And the coloring for the Raggedies!! Wow!!

Kim said...

WOW! This is such a great idea. The Raggedy Ann and Andy images are so adorable and your colors are so pretty.
Hopefully you'll have a great week. {Hugs}

Leah said...

Oh Davi, I'm so sorry for all the troubles lately! I can't imagine not having my Cuttlebug, well I can imagine it but don't like it! LOL Big hugs to you and I hope you have a much happier week!

lalkygirl said...

fantastic project ,love the cute images and fab papers,thanks for joining us at lexis and good luck
tracey x

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

oh love this adorable image, lovely creation!
Sorry to hear about the die cut machine, sending you hugs from Singapore!

coldwaters2 said...

Awwww Davi this is totally fabulous what great colours and design and I just adore that image, I have this one somewhere tucked away in one of my folders, I love rag dolls which is why I bought it but I have never got around to printing it off and colouring, I must say you have done a wonderful job here I love it.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Unknown said...

This is sooooo cute.. That image is adorable. Well I think your going to have a wonderful week.. I am sending some good vibes you way..

Hugs, Linda

Benzi said...

This has to be the most adorable card ever for a child. We had a Raggedy Andy around here for a while with one foot coming off. My son finally took it home with him. Hope they fix the foot. The red checked paper is just perfect.
Davi, I sure hate to hear of all your troubles. Gosh, you know when it rains, it pours. You are having a flood. I know you miss all those items that broke. Glad your house didn't burn down with those eggs boiling.
I just bought a Grand Calibur and I think I'll like it. It would be a great machine for scrapbooking with the Grand Nesties, too. I believe you do some scrapbooking. Of course, the Cuttlebug has a wide carriage for the plates now if you care for that kind. I still love my Cuttlebug, too.

Unknown said...

Very cute! I used to love my Raggedy Ann doll :)

Thanks for all your wonderful comments on my blog. They always make me smile.

Pauline said...

This is so sweet! Love the bright colour combo and cute image, a wonderful design.

Hope you don't have any more mishaps this week, I can't imagine the smell of all those burnt eggs!!

Ros said...

So very cute ... I love the gingham there ... and the pretty colours ... thanks for sharing with us at CCCB

Shannon White said...

Davi, this is sooo adorable! Love your sweet image and wonderful how you colored it up. Love your card base too, very pretty and creative with the hinges! 8-) Thanks so much for playing along with us at Stamps R Us.

sammi said...

Wow, Davi, this is fabulous! I absolutely love it! Thank you so much for sharing your cutie patootie creation with us at Craft Your Passion.

Lou Mac said...

This is gorgeous - I love the unique shape and the cute image!

Thanks for joining us over at Lexi's Creations this fortnight in our 'Spots and/or Stripes' challenge - good luck.

xo Lou Mac.

Geraldine said...

That is beautiful - all the little details are so cute. Its going to make a wonderful keepsake for your Granddaughter.
Thank you for entering the By the Cute and Girly Anything Goes challenge.
Geraldine

Miria said...

Great shaped card, Davi!thank you for joining Lexi's Creations. Hugs, Miria