Translate

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

PIXIE COTTAGE CHALLENGE & PASSIONATELY ARTISTIC

We have a fun challenge for you this week at The Pixie Cottage.
Our challenge is Cuddly Critters, now that is something you all can join in!
So be sure to hop on over. We also have a sketch you can use.
I water colored the very versatile image Best Hugs,
isn't it just the sweetest.


After stitching on the dp I cut out a
Spellbinder scalloped heart then punched it full of stars, next I embossed it
with a swiss dotted folder. I cut out the image and foam dotted onto the heart.The sentiment is mounted on a Spellbinder Fancy Tag.
The little stars are also cut with a Spellbinder and foam
dotted on.
I used the MS deep punch to add the eyelet border along the side.
I didnt have a button to match so I made one
out of several layers of paper and then embossed the center
to look more like a button. I used it to tie the bow
from the ribbon dyed to match.



Entering Challenges:
Make it Monday: Always Anything Goes
Totallly Stampalicous: Critters
Paper Pretties: Paper Piecing or Piercing


















Second post if for Passionately Artistic...Always a great party with some lovely prizes so stop on over and join the fun.
I love love dress forms and vintage sewing things so I have used the Flourish image from the Feminine Charm Set.
After stamping the image I did some water coloring and added
a little stickles to some of it.
Lots of distressing for a more vintage look. The
hook and eye is from some of my vintage
collection of sewing goodies
, I also used some
old pattern papers to make the flower and attach with a
button. Some pretty lace edging and of
course what dress form would be complete without
plenty of stitching and a tape measure!

The buttons are also old...the middle one
actually has 5 holes so I made a knot and
attached it from the center hole although
its hard to tell. I used some old tea dyed buckram
instead of ribbon and attached with a beaded pin.


Entering Challenges:
Stamps & Fun=Creativity: Make your own flowers
Party Time Tuesdays: Anything Goes
Bunny Zoe's Crafts: Shabby Chic/ Vintage
Made Especially for You: Distressed
Squigglefly: Anything Goes

19 comments:

jimlynn said...

Davi, all I can say is WOW!!!! Both are so wonderful. Love the coloring and cuteness on the first one and the second is just oh so smashing!!! LOVE everything about it!
Lynn

Alljazzed2create said...

Love this card. The vintage look it just awsome. Thanks for joining us over at Me4Y.

Ashley said...

Gorgeous cards and coloring! :) Thanks for playing along with us at Made Especially For You!

Ashley
http://especiallymade.blogspot.com

Holly Young said...

Two wonderful cards! I really love your cute bears card and the way you did your bow. Your second card is so feminine and you picked some great embellishments! Thanks for playing in Squigglefly's challenge!

Scrappin Abby said...

Oh my gosh..what a great card..I love purple & your card is just so pretty. Love the dress form..all the layers..great job!! Thanks for joining us at Made Especially For You : )

Beckie said...

Fab card! Love the vintage look you have achieved. Great distessing and love the layers. Thanks for playing along with us at ME4Y! New follower ;0)

Be blessed, Beckie

Benzi said...

Davi, great cards. I love your teddies and, of course, your ribbon. Your button looks real.
The vintage card is awesome....so many great embellishments.

Mary Lou said...

Hello my friend~~Wow some awesome work you did!!! Love the idea with the scalloped heart behind "Best Hugz" :) Such a pretty card and your second card is soooo coool with that fitting saying!!! Great work and thanks for your visits--always appreciate your love
Hugz

Lisa said...

Both of your cards are so awesome, Davi!! I love the sweet bears...the coloring is amazing!! And the friendship card is just stunning!! All of the design elements you used are fabulous!! I am always so inspired when I visit you :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Shannon White said...

Wow Miss Davi! These are both just Wonderful! Love the Darling Bears on the first one, so snuggly and cute! Wonderful dp's you paired them with too! And the second one is just a Fabulous vintage chic Beauty! Love the image and all the Pretty design elements too! Just Two Fantastic creations my friend!

Hugs
Shannon

Mona Pendleton said...

Wonderful collection of projects Davi! You did a wonderful job coloring the beautiful image from Flourishes! Love the sewing theme! Hope you have a great Thursday!

Unknown said...

These look amazing. The stitching looks wonderful, And the layering looks so yummy!! Well done my friend..

Hugs, Linda

Unknown said...

Love those adorable little bears. You added so much character by using the highlights. The dress form card is lovely. The lace trim is beautiful.

bumblebee creations said...

Adorable-thanks for joining in our Squigglefly challenge!

coldwaters2 said...

Oh my word Davi this is spectacular wow, wow, wow, all that beautiful vintage looking embellishments, this is amazing, that flower, the button, that ribbon, the image and design, wow, this is top notch work.
Hugs
Lorraine x

glowegal said...

Oh my goodness, your cards are gorgeous! The coloring, the embellishments, the placement are all impeccable! Thank you so much for playing along with us this week at Made Especially for You!!!

glowegal said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tammy said...

Awesome creations Davi!! The little bears are so sweet! Gorgeous details and embellishments on the second card, WOW.. I love it!!

Silvie Z said...

beautiful card, love your layout!
Thank you for joining us at Bunny Zoe's this month.
Hugs,
Silvie xx