Translate

Monday, May 26, 2014

What is one your favorite things???


 One of mine is flowers, real, fake, on fabric, prints, on dishes, paper doesnt matter 
I just really love flowers!! So all that to say Im delighted with todays Challenge at FOSTV !
 It is FLOWERS!! So jump in and show us your creations with flowers.I have made a
 little hanging piece for my SIL's awesome craft room.She has been so gracious
to have us stay with her when my husband has to 
go to the Workers Comp hearings and even drives us the  
rest of the way from where she lives.

Started it with a piece of cardboard cut out with a Spellbinder Oval. 
After a little distressing and tearing  as you can see in the above pic 
I added a little paste with a small circle stencil.
 The roses are cut with Spellbinder Itty Bitty dies and a 
 the large blue one with MFT Plentiful Petals. 
The sentiment if from the  Huge Blossoms Set and cut out with a Spellbinder die and layered 
onto the brown.  After coloring I cut out flower on the
 side  from the Friends Set.    Also added a little flourish behind.
The flowers need a little fill around them and
 the cheesecloth seemed to be the ticket.Some leaves and flourished cut 
with MFT die finished filling in. I think that the 
butterfly die is from Cherry Lynn.
In the pic the blue looks awfully bright in person its more muted!


We would love to have you join us this week and the winner takes home this set.

13 comments:

Karin said...

beautiful flowers and the butterfly looks great too!
Groetjes Karin

Janine said...

Love all the texture - hope she loves it

Lisa said...

This is absolutely stunning!! I love the texture and design!! What a gorgeous project!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

jimlynn said...

Davi, this is stunning!!! Your sister is going to love it. I love all the muted colors and then that one pop of blue! Outstanding.
Lynn

Stella said...

This is absolutely fabulous and your SIL wil love it! And so do I:). This plaque will have a place of honor in her craft room. It took my breath away. This style suits you well; I woukd kove to see more of gems like this made by you!
XX

Ros Crawford said...

Oh yur flowers are stunning!! This is a lovely piece of art!

Unknown said...

This looks so pretty. I LOVE flowers as well. All the flowers here look wonderful.

I do hope you are enjoying your week..

Hugs~

Lynn Noe said...

What a beautiful ornament! I love the sentiment. The flowers and design are just gorgeous.

Barb’s Kreations said...

I love your project!!!Beautiful!

Tammy said...

WOW Davi, your wall hanging is gorgeous!! I love the colors and all of the fabulous textures! I bet your SIL will love it too!
Hugs, Tammy

coldwaters2 said...

WOW, WOW, WOW, Davi this is awesome, what a beautiful creation, stupendous project.
hugs
lorraine x

Kimberly S said...

This is simply beautiful Davi, I'm sure she loved it! :) hugs, Kimberly

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Gorgeous!!! Such a pretty bloom too!