Translate

Monday, April 6, 2015

Is it Spring yet??

Actually where I live its more like summer!! Its already been 99 degrees here
 in the desert. We  had a bit of a cooling trend the past few days and it has 
dropped back down into the 80's.
 So needless to say everything in our area is green and in full bloom.

So all that to say the
 Green is always part of spring so I started with the green dotted dp. I combined 
it with a pink stripe, stitched them on and zig zagged down the center. A bit of 
distressing around the edges after I stitched them down.A Spellbinder border die
was used for the bottom strip. The image is one of the 
new April Releases Gardenias. After coloring the flower I cut it out with a 
Spellbinder die letting the leaves lap over. The pink Scalloped Square 
is also cut with  a Spellbinder die . I tied a piece of dyed ribbon onto the corner and 
added some cheese cloth to the back before attaching the image with foam dots.
                 Spring Colors can be used all different ways
so come on over and join us this week.
 My teamies have lots of GREAT examples for you!
 


14 comments:

Janine said...

Lots of pretty elements in your card, as usual - great job on spring! Love the photo on your blog too

*Vicki* said...

Oh wow Davi, this is so gorgeous!! I adore the colors and the shabby chic feel to it!! ;) Hope you had a lovely Easter weekend! HUGS

Peggie Sue @ Maxx and Boo said...

So very pretty! What is the "fabric" in the background? It's got such a wonderful softness to it!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

What a pretty creation!

Barbie said...

Beautiful card Davi, I love all the elements you used they go perfectly together.

jimlynn said...

Gorgeous card and I love the stitching and the use of the cheese cloth! SO lovely.
Yikes! It's already hot and yes, I think you must have missed spring all together. Hope you get a little bit cooler weather soon.
Lynn

Tammy said...

Oh this is stunning Davi! I love that image and it just pops with color!! Beautiful distressing and the stitching looks fabulous as always! I hope you had a wonderful Easter my friend!
Hugs, Tammy

Debi said...

Fabulous. Love the gauzy fiber. Beautiful coloring.

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Such a beautiful card and amazing color work!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

Garden of Grace

Karin said...

Beautiful card, lovely colors!
And what a beautiful picture in the header!
Groetjes Karin

Linda Breedlove said...

What a beautiful card, Davi.... amazing colors and I love the purple rose and the cheesecloth.

Lisa said...

This is so beautiful, Davi!! I love the colors and that gorgeous flower!! Absolutely beautiful card!! It's definitely spring weather here - 60's and rain!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Mona Pendleton said...

So very pretty Davi! That blossom is gorgeous!

Stampsnob. said...

Lovely dies and beautifu colors I love the gauze..........Lis