Translate

Monday, July 1, 2013

FRIENDS OF SPEEDY TV #79

Have you heard about the brutal heat wave we are having here in the Southwest,
Has been in the 120s for 4 days, 124 yesterday and supposed to hang around 118 for
 the next week. When its that hot the nights only cool to the high 90s
and all the plants are burnt so Im having to water day and night.
I say we should all average our temps and we would all have great weather!
I have used one of the new June releases Be Proud
After coloring the Eagle it was cut out with a Scalloped Spellbinder
The center was embossed and all stitched together. 
The two strips of stars are cut  from PTI die.
  My talented teammates have lots of GREAT Inspiration for you, so be
sure to stop by and check theirs out!
Excessive heat sparks wildfires and in Arizona, 19 Elite firefighters lost their lives yesterday  while fighting the fires. Please remember their families in prayer.

14 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

Your eagle looks amazing! Terrific card ... I've been seeing the news about the heat there and the fires in Arizona ... I'm thinking of you all ... I know we complain about the weather here being non too warm but we should be grateful ... Stay cool

Janine said...

I think I would literally melt in that heat - take care and remember we are thinking cool thoughts for you. I love all the detail in your card and I hope you are able to enjoy your celebrations on the 4th despite the intense heat.

Lisa said...

This is gorgeous!! The eagle is so fabulous!! I love the embossing!! I can't believe the heat wave you are having. I feel guilty...it's been cooler here - mid 70's and rainy. I've had my windows open for the last three days. Saying prayers for the brave firefighters who lost their lives and for the heat to let up. Happy Monday :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

jimlynn said...

Fantastic card!!!!! Love everything about it.
Prayers for all the families of those firefighters. So sad.
Lynn

Tammy said...

Gorgeous Patriotic card Davi, I love that beautiful eagle image! It was heartbreaking to hear about the firefighters... my prayers are with their families.
Hugs, Tammy

Kimberly S said...

Beautiful card for the 4th Davi, love the eagle and embossing! So sorry to hear about the lives lost to fire. hugs, Kimberly

AppleApricot Wen said...

Love it!! What a great take on the theme. Beautiful card and love that eagle too. Hugs, Wendy

Benzi said...

What a super patriotic card, Davi. I really enjoy seeing this type card. Unfortunately, I didn't get even one made this year.
Your heat is really bearing down this year. Hang on!
Oh, that was so dreadful about the firefighters. What a tragedy for so many.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

What a wonderful July 4th card, I love it!

*Vicki* said...

Absolutely stunning creations Davi!! Love the patriotic design and sparkle! :) I started up a new blog and just wanted to let you know that I will playing along on Tues Throwdown and I'm following along with you on Feedly! :) Enjoy your week my friend! HUGS

Gail said...

Vicki is correct - STUNNING creation! I am so sad for the lost of those firemen - it is a terrible tragedy - may God bring comfort to those who lost love ones - enjoy your crafting week! Gail

Karin said...

gorgeous card, love the eagle, have a great 4th of july!
Groetjes Karin

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful patriotic card Davi! Hope you have a Happy 4th of July celebration!

Ravengirl said...

What a beautiful patriotic card! I love how you colored the eagle!