Translate

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

TUESDAY THROWDOWN TEAM B



Today starts a new CHALLENGE at Tuesday Throwdown. 
This week it is Toes in The Sand!  Show us something Beachy. The Colorado River
 runs right thru the little valley we live in. It is a  oasis in the middle of a scorching desert!
 You will find trails the animals travel to come to the water. Along the rivers edge there are
 some sandy beaches along with the rocks and greenery. The river is very cold 
considering it is running thru a VERY hot desert and it is very refreshing
.Many people spends lots of time at the beaches to find some relief 
from the heat. We have lots of tourists who come on weekends 
and holidays to enjoy the river! 

 I know that you all were wanting that tidbit of info right LOL!
  So getting on with the challenge. I have used the Sweet and Sassy image called Hello Summer.
 After coloring I cut out the images. Put the kraft thru the dotted swiss folder to represent sand.
 Was going to go down to the beach and put real sand on it but was a 
very hectic week so didnt make it. The water is made using the 
reverse of a scalloped die. I used chalks to created the sky.
 Pretty simple card today. Be sure to come join us this
 week and the team has some great inspiration for you.       .

13 comments:

Kim said...

Simple card but very pretty and makes me want to head to the beach. I love your idea for the water with the scallop die. Never heard that before.

Peanut said...

Love the "embossed" sand and how you made the waves....very cleverly executed, Davi. Have a lovely day, Davi!
xxx Asha
Sunny Summer Crafts

Ros Crawford said...

This really says summer and happy days ... wonderful card ... love all the cut outs

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

What a great card that truly evokes summer with your wonderful images and techniques!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

*Vicki* said...

What an adorable design Davi!! I love your fun watery waves and sandy beach!! How fun! :)

Lisa said...

This is adorable!! I love the waves and images you used!! A perfect summery card my friend!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Kimberly S said...

Very cute summer card Davi! The river does sound refreshing! Too many gators here to go into any fresh water. lol hugs, Kimberly

Mona Pendleton said...

Cute card Davi! Love the dry embossed sand!

Benzi said...

Your card is all about summer and I love it. I enjoyed your tidbit of news about the Colorado River. How great to have that in the desert and I'm sure the animals enjoy it as much as the humans.

Unknown said...

What a cute card. Perfect for this challenge. I have been to that river many times.. Your right it is very cold. But when I was a young girl (maybe 9) me and my sisters would float down that river.. I would never do that now.

Hugs~

Tammy said...

Awww this is so cute Davi, I love the waves!! Have a wonderful weekend!
Hugs, Tammy

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

This looks like a perfect summer card Davi!

Julie said...

Fab card!

Hugs from your teamie!

Julie x