Translate

Friday, July 26, 2013

TUTORIAL TIME WITH SPEEDY TV #59

LOTS OF PHOTOS ON THIS POST!

 
Are you happy to see Friday, I know I sure am! 
Today our TTSTV Challenge is  brought to us by Jane Chambers It is to make a Hanging Treat Holder 
 Her easy to follow Tutorial is Here.
Using some Bazzill paper I cut out my base according    
 to her tutorial  and used some Cosmos Criket dp to
 embellish it  and a border punch for the top edge.
. I made mine a little seed holder to
 give to a friend who wants to try her hand at 
gardening this fall. I save seeds yearly so decided to
 share some with her. Marks Finest Paper's a Heinrich Co has the perfect stamp for this occasion.  The Seed Packet Stamp Set was just the ticket. I used the Seed Packet image to make my own seed packages. I have a little tutorial to show you how I did it. I used a variety of
 images for the seed packets, the peas and tomato images
 are also from the Seed Packet Set. The peppers are 
from the Some Like It Hot Set and the Basil is the palm 
leaves from the I Need A Vacation Set, had to be 
a little creative there lol!






The first thing I did was to measure the image double plus 1 inch  for the length and add 1/4 inch to each side. I then stamped and cut it out.
 
 Using my score board I rand a score line the length of the paper along side the image. I also ran a score line across the paper at top and bottom of image.


Next step was to cut along the score line on the blank end up to the score line crossing at the bottom of the image. Next I cut along the score line from the top of paper down to the score line across top of image. Then cut away that piece. I also cut away a little from each side to form more of a tob closure for the back of the packet.

This is what it looks like when all the pieces are cut away and ready to put together.
I ran glue along the little quarter inch scored sides, folded the bottom up and then
folded over the little edges to form the packet to put the seeds in. It then looks 
like this on the back side.

Here they are with the images on the front and ready to be filled with the seeds.The peas and daisy I stamped directly onto the packet, the others I stamped, cut out and attached. There was not a daisy or basil stamp so I stamped  Seeds at the top and just wrote those on the packet.
Now here is my little box filled with the little packets of seeds to start the garden.
I will add a few more goodies but must wait to go to town to get them. Also
will give her a bag of my compost to get them started in.
I also added a couple rolled flowers and a die cuts all from Spellbinders.
Hope you will come join in the fun this week.

19 comments:

*Vicki* said...

WOWZA!! Gorgeous! Love your flowers and such a fun seed packet idea!! Hope you enjoy the weekend my friend! HUGS

Pat said...

Very creative. Gorgeous flowers.

coldwaters2 said...

OMG Davi this is excellent what a fantastic project the tutorial is awesome so is the finished article, ACE work dear friend.
hugs
lorraine x

Ros Crawford said...

Oh my this is stunning!! What gorgeous colours and your flowers are fabulous!!

Stampsnob. said...

Now there is a hanging box I would love to find on my boor.....Lis

Tammy said...

WOW fabulous creation Davi, I love all of the seed packets and your stunning flowers!! Awesome design my friend!
Hugs, Tammy

Kimberly S said...

So pretty Davi! You know I am especially loving your flowers! Hope you have a fabulous weekend! :) hugs, Kimberly

Benzi said...

Oh, you're so creative, Davi. Wonderful tutorial and what a great result. Your friend is sure to love this and appreciate the seeds. Hope her garden grows well. Beautiful flowers.

Lagene said...

WOW! Love your treat box with your very own seed packets!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Oh so pretty, those rolled-flowers are AWESOME!

Neet said...

That is lovely and those flowers - well they are just mind blowing. Any chance of a tutorial?

Hugs, Neet xx

Mona Pendleton said...

so pretty Davi! Love the gorgeous blossoms!

Karen Dunbrook said...

how beautiful...love the seed pkgs.

Peanut said...

WOW WOW WOW! These are just outstanding, Davi. What a wonderful gift idea. The colours are truly striking! Thanks for sharing...I'll be CASEing these for sure!
xxx Asha
Sunny Summer Crafts

Unknown said...

I just love the way you created those seed packets.. Very creative.

Hugs~

Lisa said...

Wow, this is absolutely fabulous, Davi!! I love how you made the seed packets!! They look amazing!! Thanks for the tutorial, too!! Love, love this!! Happy Monday my friend :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

AppleApricot Wen said...

Ohh, love those cute little seed pockets!!

Jane said...

Really cute treat box Davi!!! I love your cute seed packets and the flowers are beautiful!!!

Gail said...

This is a terrific project! Thanks for sharing your lovely work Davi - you amaze me!