Translate

Saturday, November 7, 2009

Crazy 4 Challenges


This Crazy 4 Challenges was just too fun. I have never made an easel card and only seen one before today! Took a little staring at the teams cards to get it figured out but I did it!! I started with a khaki colored cardstock and added a floral print It has pinks, browns, rust ,olive green, white and black. I made a flower out of several layers of the pink and khaki green with daisy and brad center. Did a decorative stitch around the perimeter. The image is from stampin up called I like your style. I water colored it and put it on several layers. I just couldnt get the embossing to show on the black with the pink dot but there is a deeply embossed daisy there and also on the black strip on the bottom has a deeply embossed flourish with daisies in the center. I tied the pink bow and tied the little black around that for some added color. I know it would have looked better with a softer fabric ribbon but that was all I had and the closest place to find ribbon is walmart which is half a hour away... not driving all that way for a ribbon.On the bottom I used a button fastened onto the pink as a stop. I punched the edge of the dp with the ms punch and put black behind so it would show better. The coordinating stripe paper I added underneath the black. It looks blah but really the embossing on the black really jazzes it up. Hey, as you can see I was able to get a pic and add it so you could see the embossing.


9 comments:

  1. fabulous card, thanks for playing with the C4C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Davi. You did wonderfully coordinating all the daisies and colors and such for your first easel card. Way to go GF! I love the colors and where did you get that daisy embossing you did on the black strip? Never saw that one before. Guess I need to hurry up and make one too. Hugs Martha

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a gorgeous card...wow...thank you you for stopping by and leaving a comment....it is so nice to meet you....I have become a follower..*wink*

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Davi! This is awesome!!! I love everything - the lovely image, the gorgeous flower, the beautiful stitching around the border - even the embellishment that holds the easel up. Just gorgeous with a flawless appearance. So chic! Aren't easel cards fun? It was my first as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that this is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! Love the vintagey look! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is simply beautiful Davi! Thanks so much for stopping by and saying Hi!
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! I always loved this stamp set and look at the CUTE easel card you've made! Love that vintage look! Thanks for the nice comments on my blog, too!

    ReplyDelete