Translate

Sunday, November 29, 2009

The Pink Elephant Challenge # 42 & 43








Wow finally able to post...Mr linky MIA for quite a while

This card is for the Pink Elephant Challenge. The challenge was plaids and brads and favorite coloring medium. I only have watercolor pencils so that would be my favorite medium. :)
I used red for my card base and used a piece of plaid from colorbox. I colored the SU image with watercolors and cut it out and mounted it on the gold. I then ran the green thru the cuttlebug and rounded the corners. I mounted the image on to the green and attached to the plaid. I "stitched" around the plaid and I then generated the sentiment on the computer and mounted it on the gold and green then attached to the plaid. I had these fun green zebra striped brads that I attached to the red buttons and then punched a green circle to mount them onto the plaid. I attached the whole thing to the red and finished with the red brads in the corners. Inside the card I punched white, plaid and red circles to hide the brads. I then stamped the SU image and watercolored. I punched the plaid with MS circles border punch and attached to the white and then mounted the image. It doesnt show very well but the onside image says "A kind word a day keeps the blues away".

1 comment:

Annie said...

Great card - love the image and colours. Thanks so much for sharing it with us at The Pink Elephant.

Ann xxx