Translate

Friday, August 23, 2013

TUTORIAL TIME ON SPEEDY TV #



Today the TTSTV Challenge is brought to us by Ginny and it is
 a Stained Glass Technique. I had planned to use some yellow
 and red, a different image  but just couldnt make it work. I finally
 threw it all away and started over, do you ever do that.The vellum
really does mute the colors so you need to start with something 
that is quite colorful then see how it looks with the vellum over it. 
 I decided to use a more open image and the
  Dogwood Image seemed to be the ticket. I 
stamped it on vellum with some Momento Ink.
 After it dried I cut it with a Spellbinder Label 8.
I used to do a lot of stained glass work, mostly windows and doors.
I wanted to make it look more real so I
added came lines around the image.I found a dp that  had
 a nice tie dyed look, worked pretty well for the stained glass 
effect. I also cut it with a Spellbinder Label 8. Matted on black,
 lavender black. I cut out some decorative corners with a 
little die I'm not sure who makes it.You know how stained
 glass windows sometimes have wrought iron 
decorations  around them. That was my intent with the corners.
.Stop on over and join our Challenge this week, Winner takes home a great stamp set.

16 comments:

Benzi said...

Awesome work on this stain glass, Davi. And, the wrought iron looks perfect. Wow!!!

*Vicki* said...

Oh wow Davi! The color affect on this is so stunning! It looks just like stained glass!! Beautiful job! HUGS

Jane said...

Beautiful card Davi!!! Love the colors...

Kimberly S said...

Wow, this turned out so pretty Davi! Beautiful colors, and I love the added corners. Hope you have a wonderful weekend! :) hugs, Kimberly

Anonymous said...

Wow! You take the prize!! Love this stamp used for this technique. Gorgeous work!

Lisa said...

Wow, this is absolutely gorgeous, Davi!! The stained glass technique looks so beautiful!! I love the corner decorations!! This is fabulous my friend!! Have a great weekend :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Lagene said...

WOWZERS! You took this technique over the top! GORGEOUS!

Mona Pendleton said...

Gorgeous card Davi! Looks like a beautiful stained glass window!

Ros Crawford said...

Oh yes ... I've thrown a bit away in my time!! This is stunning Davi ... It really looks like stained glass ... very clever!

Pat said...

Beautiful!!

Heather Rogers said...

This is beautiful, Davi! I love the stained glass look you achieved. :)

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Gorgeous card!! Love the stained glass window technique! ~ Blessings, Tracey

Garden of Grace

Diane said...

Very eye catching and pretty!!

Unknown said...

WOW!! Your card looks beautiful. I love the stained glass effect. I heard you guys have been getting some rain. It is so nice to be away from the heat..

Hope you have a happy week my friend.

Hugs~

Tammy said...

Oh, WOW Davi this is gorgeous!! I love that image and your stunning stained glass technique!!
I hope you are doing well my friend!
Hugs, Tammy

Shannon White said...

Wow!! Absolutely Gorgeous Miss Davi!! Love your beautiful image with the stained glass technique! I am definitely going to have to give this a try! Love it! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon