Translate

Monday, April 30, 2012

FOSFTV Challenge #18 & Made Especially 4 You

I have two post today...please scroll down for Made Especially 4 you

Prize for the winner of this weeks challenge~~~
Friends of Speedy TV is looking for a May Day...May  themed card...
For those of you who are old enough you will remember the school
 days when you used to make a May basket filled with flowers and
 hang it on a special someones door knock and run. I loved
 making the little cone shaped baskets and finding pretty 
flowers to fill them. Today I have  made a little basket for
 my card. I cut out a triangle and embossed with the
 SU basket weave folder then added some
 lace trim and pearls. 

Using the Black Eyed Susan Mini stamp set I stamped each image twice, colored
 and cut them all out.My card is made from  My Minds Eye along with the 
Gina K and SU solids. Using a Spellbinder die I cut out the square lavender 
doily and added some faux stitching and pearls.The ribbon was dyed to match
 and the a little embossed butterfly added

 Entering Challenges:
Creative Inspirations: Flowers
Fashionable Stamping: Embossing
Paper Sundaes: Ribbon and Pearls
The Crafty Pad: April showers bring May flowers

Made Especially 4 You

I am honored to be a guest at Made Especially 4 You this week.
They have a lovely summery color challenge for you this week
 
Isn't that a yummy combo??

After stitching by    and    papers together I punched the MS
Daisy edge and embossed with the dotted swiss folder. I ran
a strip of the dyed ribbon around the center.


The sentiment is and old SU which I thought was perfect for my
card. I cut the sentiment out with the Spellbinder label #
After cutting and rolling my flowers I added a little stickles to them.
Added some leaves and more of the dyed ribbon for a bow.
Lastly I added a touch of the brown with the Cherry Lynn
butterfly. A little stickles on the body for some extra shimmer.
 Be sure to stop by and see the talented team's cards.
Entering Challenges:
Stamptacular Sunday: Spring Bling
Catch The Bug: Dry emboss and Bling it up 
Just Some Lines : Give gift of flowers 
One Stop Craft: 1 image, 2dps, 3 embellies,,,butterfly, flowers bow

30 comments:

Benzi said...

Clever idea, Davi, with the May basket. It is really pretty. Also, your 2nd card has gorgeous flowers and colors. Love both!

Kathy Bradley said...

Davi,
How lovely - the May basket is beautiful - lots of cutting - but so worth it! And, your second card is lovely and elegant as well!

Pat said...

Both cards are lovely.

jimlynn said...

Congrats on your guest designer spot! Very exciting
LOVE both of these Davi.....so pretty and true works of art!
Lynn

Dawn said...

How delightful! Both of your cards are lovely!
Thanks so much for playing at The Crafty Pad this week in our April Showers Bring May Flowers Challenge!
Good Luck
Hugs
Dawn xx

Tina said...

Beautiful flower images, lovely colors on both..thanks for sharing at just some lines

Tina
dt

Unknown said...

Davi love the top card its fab but the card at the bottom with the brown butterfly fabulous !! thank you for your kind comments on my blog. What a stunning card I love the colours and the flowers are gorgeous great work well done
Hugs Elaine

Mona Pendleton said...

Such beautiful projects Davi! Lovin' all the blossoms!

Cheryl First said...

I love your beautiful butterfly and those gorgeous flowers! Such a great color combo to follow!
Thanks so much for joining us this week for the Catch the Bug Challenge! Hope to see you again!

((HUGS))
Cheryl First
aka Cafexpressions
DT Member for Bugaboo Stamp

scrapperjulia said...

Love the flowers and butterfly! Very beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at The One Stop Craft Challenge!

Mary Marsh said...

2 beautiful cards Davi-love the May Day basket-congrats on your gdt spot-you have created another beauty for this challenge-love the color combo

Unknown said...

Davi,

WONDERFUL job on your card today!!! So glad you were able to join us in our challenge at ME4U!!

Crafty Hugs,
Jessica
www.craftinandstampin.blogspot.com

Ann Marie Governale said...

Stunning card. love the flowers and the butterfly! Colors say "Spring"! Thanks for joining us for this week's Spring Bling Challenge at Stamptacular Sundays. Hope to see you again next week! xxx Ann Marie

Pauline said...

Wow Davi, these are both just so gorgeous! I love the first one with the little cone of purple flowers so beautifully coloured, and I love the second one with the hand made roses, absolutely gorgeous!

Ellie Knol said...

A fantastic creation with great details!

Thanks for joining us at the Fashionable Stamping challenges !!
xxx Ellie xxx

Estelle Grace Tudor said...

Your flower card is lovely - love the purple colouring! Thanks for linking up to The Crafty Pad's challenge this week. Estelle x

~♥~The Navy Wife~♥~ said...

Two cards! Oh twice the pleasure! Love them both, specially the 1st one. Thank you so much for playing with us at The Crafty Pad this week :)

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Two beautiful cards with great spring feeling. Thanks for joining us on FSC this fortnight.

Jenn Borjeson said...

Absolutely beautiful, love those flowers! Thanks for joining us at Just Some Lines. :)

Unknown said...

Both of your cards look so pretty. They definitely say spring is here. At least of a little while..

Hugs~

Tammy said...

OMGosh both cards are absolutely gorgeous Davi! I LOVE your Black eyed Susan flowers and your coloring is awesome!! I love the flower and that beautiful butterfly on your second card. Oh my I think I need that butterfly die now!!!
Hugs, Tammy

Melissa S. said...

This caard is just beautiful. I love the colors and the flowers. And don't you just love the CherryLynn dies? Especially the butterflies. Thanks for joining us this week at Bugaboo.

Jodie Mackrell said...

Beautiful cards! thanks for playing this weeks Bugaboo challenge at catch the bug!

coldwaters2 said...

Wow, wow, wow Davi these are two exceptionally beautiful creations, that first one is amazing the colours of those flowers really stand out it makes you feel you want to reach out and touch them, the second one is equally beautiful, I am in love with them both.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Audrey Ernst (hippieaud) said...

Wow Davi, both creations are just fabulous, but I must admit I am partial to the purple one since purple is my very favorite color:) Thanks so much for playing at JUST SOME LINES this time!!

Traci M said...

Both of these are just beautiful!! I recognize the SU! paper on the second one, love your textured roses and layout!! I need to look into those rose dies; they make stunning flowers! Thanks so much for joining us this week at SSiC!!

Ephemera said...

WOW what a gorgeous couple of cards, so beautiful, thanks for joining us at FSC. XX

Designing with Debbie said...

Davi, all I can say is WOW!!!! This card is absolutely stunning. I am in AWE of it. Great job.

MariLynn said...

Gorgeousness!!! I love your May day basket!! The flowers look amazing. Thanks for sharing with the Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge.

Kianel said...

Lovely cards, both are very elegant!
Thanks for playing with us at Creative Inspirations paint challenge this week!
Love from France, Kianel.