Translate

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

TUESDAY THROWDOWN CHALLENGE

Good Morning Friends it's time for another challenge over at Tuesday Throwdown
and our sponsor this week is Meljen's Designs .

Our fun theme is recycled materials~~ we all have something we
can recycle right?
Most of my project is recycled items. Starting with the base which is paneling, the
washers from my husbands garage, the cardboard from a box, used sisal
string and the buckle and red hankie my husband donated to my cause.
He's a pretty helpful guy.
My nephew just had his first son and this is for him.
The sweet image is Lil Rodeo Boy which I water colored, cut
out with a Spellbinder Label #1 then stitched onto the blue. I
made little banners to attach the letters to and hung on the white ribbon.
I burned a couple spots on the cardboard. After cutting a strip of
hankie I stitched the MS checkerboard punched border onto it.
I like the buckle attached to the old piece of leather so left it on it.
The washers cover the drilled holes. Cut another strip off the hankie
for the bow at the top of the sisal hanger. The team has some
great inspiration and actually they have some funny stories
about the recycled items so be sure to stop by and visit them and
then show us your recycled projects!!

Entering Challenges:
Incy Wincy Designs: Digis only
Whoopsi Daisy: Anything Goes
Craft You Passion: Die Cuts and punches
Make My Monday: Male sports or hobbies

17 comments:

Shannon White said...

Goodness Miss Davi! This is a Darling wall hanging celebrating your Nephew's New Son!! 8-) Love all the Fun details! Great job with the recyclables too! Wowzers! And all the pieces sure came together Wonderfully! Love the Sweet image and the darling banner and the fun bandana print hankie too! Just Adorable!

Hugs
Shannon

Pauline said...

What a fabulous little hanging! Great image, and fab colours, a really wonderful creation!

NanaConnie said...

Ooooo, Davi! I really love this one. Perfect colors for a little boy and using a piece of the handkerchief is just total inspiration. This is fabulous!

Sheryl said...

Oh Davi this is perfect for a little boy ( and some big boys I know!) Your colouring is super and the embellishment have really created a lovely keepsake.
Thanks for joining us at INCY WINCY this week.
Good luck
Hugs Sheryl (DT) x

Fliss said...

A really cute wall hanging Davi and just love the recycling and the colour scheme. Wonderful texture too.
Thanks for joining in with our MMM challenge this week and wishing you good luck.
Fliss x

Stella said...

Wow; this is beautiful I love that cowboy and the mix of red, white, blue and kraft. Right up my alleye :)
Hope all is well with you!
Hugs!
XX

Unknown said...

This is so adorable. I just love that image. And the banner is the perfect touch.. So cute my friend..

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh, Davi, this is fabulous!! Wow!! All of the details are just spectacular!! I love your reuse of recycled items...the handkerchief is so creative and awesome!! And the image is absolutely adorable!! What a beautiful gift for your nephew's new son!! :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Mynn xx said...

What a fabulously darling creation! LOVE all the little extras--and your colors are so vibrant and wonderful! Thanks for joining us at MMM! :)

Unknown said...

I just love this!

Mona Pendleton said...

What a darling project Davi! Love the Western theme and great way to upcycle that cardboard! Hope you have a great week!

Suzanne B aka brookfies said...

Very sweet indeed...your recycling efforts should be commended. Pleased you have entered the MAke My Monday challenge this week so many thanks. Suzanne :)

Sande said...

Wow, gorgeous!

Thanks for joining us at Whoopsi Daisy!

hugs, Sande xx

Tammy said...

Your wall hanging is sooo cute Davi!! I love that sweet image and your fun embellishments! Adorable creation!
Hugs, Tammy

Suzi B said...

Thank you for joining us at MMM with this cute wall hanging..I'm impressed with the stitching!
suzi b :)

Benzi said...

Super recycling, Davi! Your hubby can say he had a part in making this project. It's just the cutest thing.

Cazro said...

A super result of recycling. An adorable card. Thanks for sharing with us at Make My Monday. Caz