Translate

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

TUESDAY THROWDOWN CHALLENGE


Can you believe it already Tuesday again~ Our new TT Challenge is Use Pins
Our sponsor My Graffico gave us these lovely frames.

They are lacy and I thought they would be perfect to use in a vintage LO. I cut around each of the frames then mounted the pics. This is a pic of my daughter at age 5 dressed in a vintage outfit. The other pic is her great great grandmother at age 15. I love the hats! I have some vintage hat pins that I was going to use to go along with the hats but of course I have put them away in
some very safe place..so safe I wasn't able to find them
LOL Hope Im not the only one that does such crazy things!! So I started this LO going a different direction but a few Big hic ups redirected and this is what I came up with. Stitched some of the dps and stamped some fourishes on them.I also cut out a piece of border. I just love tatting but have never been able to conquer it. I have some treasured pieces in my stash and these 3 little flowers seemed perfect to go along with the theme. My sweet mama just gave me a big jar full of every size of vintage pearl beads you can image. It was perfect timing to add a few to this LO. My buttons are also old vintage ones from one of my many buttons tins. Since both pics also have flowers I added lots of those too. I thought the little pop of red added some fun to the LO.
I was really pleased with how this LO turned out but one struggle with this is that it looks curved but it is totally flat. I guess it is the angle that I hold my camera. If you have any tips feel free. Entering Challenges:
The Cheerful Stamp Pad: From the Past
Sweet Stamps: Vintage or shabby chic
Oh La La Creations : Vintage
The Pink Elephant: Flowers

14 comments:

Shannon White said...

Goodness Miss Davi, this is Gorgeous! Love Your Wonderful layout and the Beautiful vintage dp's and Fantastic flowers! the Pretty vintage peals and buttons are so Perfect too! Just Love this! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Helen Berry said...

Oh Wow Davi, this is so very beautiful! I love the photo of your daughter and her great grandmother - can really see the family resemblance too :) It really is a beautiful layout and all the pretty elements. You are very lucky to have been given those vintage treasures too - they look amazing with those gorgeous flowers you made. Love it!!

Fun at the Table said...

Beautiful!!!

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful project Davi! Lovin' all the layered blossoms!

Unknown said...

Wow! This makes a very special layout! It would be so neat in a shadow box picture frame with some more mementos. Gorgeous.

Benzi said...

What a treasure...vintage photos of your daughter and great great grandmother. This is a beautiul layout and love the flowers, pins..all of it. Gorgeous!

Tammy said...

OMGoodness Davi this LO stunning!! I love the family photos! Absolutely gorgeous flowers and details! Beautiful creation!
Hugs, Tammy

Michele said...

wow, fabulous vintage piece! thank you for joining the "from the past" challenge at the cheerful stamp pad. xo

Jenn Borjeson said...

This is just beautiful - thank you for joining us at The Cheerful Stamp Pad. :)

coldwaters2 said...

Wowwwwww Davi this is stupendous, I was so happy when I saw the theme at Ooh La La as I so love the vintage style and you have captured that era to perfection, wow, I love, love, love it, thank you for joining us at OLLCB
Hugs
Lorraine x

Unknown said...

This is just so beautiful Davi! I love the real vintage feel to it with the lacey frames and the photos!
Thanks for joining in at Ooh La La this time and good luck!
Lizy DT x

Janice said...

Beautiful card & I so love your flowers on this & other cards, Jx

Pat said...

Beautiful card, love the vintage photos and all the embellies. Thanks for sharing with us at OLLCB this week.

Pat xx

Vicki Romaine said...

Beautiful vintage elements. Thanks for joining us at The Cheerful Stamp Pad.