Translate

Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Its time for a New Challenge

Im excited to share our new challenge with you this week at
Tuesday Throwdown.  Team B is Challenging you to use Texture!
Now with all the different medias available the sky is the limit on this one so join us!!


Our sponsor is Lawn Fawn and they have generously supplied us with a set of our choice.
 I am using the  Cruising Through Life Set. This is the cutest set with lots of fun pieces.
It would be great to use for a friend or mate either one.
 You will want to drop by Lawn Fawn's Shop and pick a few of their awesome sets.
They also have matching dies for some of their sets!
So I first created a background with the gelatos and them added texture with two
 different folders, lines for the grass and swirls for the sky. Next I added clouds and 
used a daisy stencil for the sun.
The flowers are from the set and I added dimensional paint to them.
 I stamped the fun sentiment from the set along the bottom . The bicycle was stamped 
colored with watercolors and some silver sparkle paint. Cut out and attached and the 
whole thing attached to the green base.  I made this to give to my hubby to encourage 
him a bit. He was hurt over two years ago and it has only worsened with time, 
he cant work or do much, so wanted to make him smile a bit!


15 comments:

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Davi this is one fabulous card love the little scene and all that amazing texture, superb make.
hugs
lorraine x

Peanut said...

LOVE this scene, Davi. Hope summer is treating you well! :)
hugs, Asha

NanaConnie said...

Fabulous texture, Davi ! Wonderful scene and I love the embossed sky. :-D

Andrea W said...

Such a wonderful card! I love how you added different types of texture in your fun summer scene.

Lisa said...

This is gorgeous, Davi!! The texture is amazing!! How creative to use a daisy stencil for the sun!! It's so gorgeous!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Mona Pendleton said...

What a fun card Davi! Love all the texture! What a great scene you created! Makes me want to hop on my bike and go for a spin!

Kim said...

I love this the sentiment and the fun scene. The textured background looks amazing. Makes me want to get a new bike and go cruising.

Ros Crawford said...

Lovely card and lovely sentiment!

KarinsArtScrap said...

what a great card Davi
Gr Karin

*Vicki* said...

This is really stunning Davi! :) Love the texture and your scene looks brilliant!! HUGS

Debi said...

Great job on the texture! A wonderful card to brighten DH's day!

Tammy said...

Gorgeous card Davi! I love the fun scene you've created and all of the textures! I'm sure this put a smile on your hubby's face!
Hugs, Tammy

Dr Sonia S V said...

This looks so cheerful Davi...love the play of textures
Cheers
Dr Sonia
Cards Crafts Kids Projects

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Beautiful card, Davi!

Stella said...

Great card; I love the texture you added and the bike is a fun focal point!