Translate

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Wedding gift

My coworker's son is getting married this Saturday. She asked me to embroider 
their names, date and a little color for some flowers on a hanky for her to give 
to her future dil. I also made this little hanging to go along with the hanky.
 There is a  significance to the embellies. I stacked the two hearts,key 
and butterfly to say the key to their new life (butterfly) is two heart
 becoming one...the little single heart with the button..The heart
border was made with a MS punch. A dotted swiss 
folder embossed the triangle and some chalk to give it a
 more aged look. I colored the pearls to age them also. The 
flowers were punched with a few layers, a few leaves and
 the layers stitched puts it all together. 


10 comments:

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Happy New Year!!!!
gorgeous work .....love the pretty blooms!

Elizabeth said...

Davi, this is gorgeous! You've done a lovely job with this, especially the symbolism with the embellies!
Happy New Year!

jimlynn said...

Davi, this is sensational! What a beautiful hanging to give to the couple. Outstanding!!!
Lynn

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

What a gorgeous decor piece, Davi, with so much thoughtful meaning!! Wishing you a Happy 2014!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

Garden of Grace

Peanut said...

oh my! This is lovely, Davi. I love that co,our combo... so romantic. I hope you have a wonderful 2014, rich in blessing and love.
hugs, Asha - Sunny Summer Crafts

Ros Crawford said...

This is gorgeous Davi!! It will be my anniversary on Saturday ... 14 yrs!

Lisa said...

Wow, this is gorgeous, Davi!! It's stunning!! I love the design and colors!! Happy, happy new year my sweet friend!! I hope 2014 brings you all you wish for!!

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Tammy said...

WOW this is gorgeous Davi! I love the beautiful colors and design, the happy couple will love it! Happy New Year my friend!
Hugs, Tammy

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful Davi! Love the sweet blossoms and pretty butterfly! Hope you are off to a great start of the New Year!

Unknown said...

This look amazing my friend. Lots of wonderful layers..

Hugs~