Translate

Monday, December 30, 2013

New Years Card with piercing and chalk

is the Challenge this week at FOSTV! Do you make New Year Resolutions, 
do you have special plans for celebrating the New Year? It seems to be the
 time for some introspection and finding those things that could use
 some improvement or changing. Of course I always have a 
ongoing list to work on LOL!!
I chose to do something a little non traditional for and NY card, 
I started with the dotted dp that came grunged up
. At the top a little embossing and then edges cut and pierced. The 
center strip is embossed with a Dotted Swiss and matted on
 the white. The sentiment is stamped on a Spellbinder 
Scalloped Oval and mounted on a Scalloped Circle with a 
few piercings. The sentiment is from the 
Pussy Willows Set.I used the wet chalk  to
grunge it up a bit.

Hope to see you come join the fun this week!!

Entering Challenges:
Challenges 4 Everybody....Anything Goes

11 comments:

Janine said...

Very nice colours and grungy feel to your card. Hope your New Year is a good one.

AppleApricot Wen said...

What a beautiful card and background. Love the technique you used. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas. Wishing you a joyful 2014 filled with peace and love. Hugs

Heather Rogers said...

So pretty! I love the embossed top. :)

jimlynn said...

Love the way you grunged it up a bit and that paper piercing! So pretty.
Lynn

Lisa said...

This is so beautiful!! I love the distressed/grungy look!! What a fabulous card!! Happy Monday my friend :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Leah said...

Love the white distressing! Adds that something special :) I hope you have a wonderful New Year's Day and look forward to all the wonderful blessings in store for you in the coming year! Hugs...

Mary Marsh said...

such a cute New Years card Davi-sending New Years blessings your way. thank you for the beautiful Christmas card my friend.

Unknown said...

What a wonderful New Years card you have created. I love the paper you used.

I do hope you have a wonderful New Years my friend.

Hugs~

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Great piece of art you shared today. Davi!
May I wish you a very Happy and Crafty 2014!!!!!

Ros Crawford said...

Happy New Year to you and your family ... Such a sweet card ... love the chalk

Mona Pendleton said...

So very pretty Davi! Love all the distressing! Hope you have a Happy New Year!